"He [Jesus] will say, 'Indeed I am the servant of Allah. He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet.'" (Qur’an 19:30)
He is described with honorific titles and his miracles are detailed:
"...and [We gave Jesus] the clear proofs and supported him with the Pure Spirit..." (Qur’an 2:87)
"And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah...'" (Qur’an 3:49)
Crucially, Islam venerates Jesus while affirming God's absolute Oneness:
"O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him..." (Qur’an 4:171)
His second coming is a core Islamic belief:
"And indeed, Jesus will be [a sign for] knowledge of the Hour, so be not in doubt of it, and follow Me..." (Qur’an 43:61)
Salam Alaikum
If this post resonated with you, feel free to leave a comment. Different perspectives help us all grow.👇
Comments
Post a Comment